SCIN Inc presents an introduction to LGBTIQ Diversity and Inclusion
An interactive 2hr workshop which aims to increase participants understanding of LGBTIQ people’s lived experiences of discrimination and stigma; health and wellbeing status; barriers to accessing mainstream services and an introduction to LGBTIQ inclusive practice principals.
The workshop is conducted by a rainbow tick accreditation trained facilitator and inclusive practice advocates from the SCIN Inc committee. We use a combination of short films, interactive activities, meaningful discussion and lived experience speakers.
NB: This 2hr workshop partly fulfills the 3hr staff education requirements necessary for Rainbow Tick Accreditation (RTA). However this training alone does not qualify an organisation for Rainbow Tick, which is a whole of organisation approach to LGBTIQ inclusive practice that is independently assessed by QIP accreditation services.
- Sex, Gender & Sexuality explained
- LGBTIQ history in Australia
- Impact of lived experiences of discrimination and stigma
- Cycle of Invisibility and barriers to accessing mainstream services
- Lived experience speaker Q & A
- Riddle’s Scale of Attitudes: what does inclusion really mean?
- Discrimination, the law and organisational responsibility
- What does LGBTIQ Inclusive Practice look like?
- Each participant will receive: My Inclusive Practice Plan template; List of LGBTIQ days of significance; LGBTIQ inclusive practice resource list and Certificate of Participation.
INFORMATION FOR SERVICE PROVIDERS (in .pdf format)
- HO_03.7_Alliance Health Information Sheet Inclusive Language Guide on Intersex, Trans and Gender Diversity_v3
- Out Together_checklist
Provided by donation of recommended amount $500 for 2hr workshop.
For more information contact: email@example.com
To book a workshop, please fill the online Expression of Interest form